Why a MICHELIN® X® TWEEL® Airless Radial Tire?
The MICHELIN X TWEEL airless radial tire is one single unit, replacing the current tire and wheel assembly. There is no need for complex mounting equipment and once they are bolted on, there is no air pressure to maintain.
The unique energy transfer within the poly-resin spokes of the MICHELIN Tweel SSL airless radial tire helps reduce the “bounce” associated with pneumatic tires, while providing outstanding handling characteristics.
The TWEEL airless radial tire is designed to perform like a pneumatic tire, but without the inconvenience and downtime associated with flat tires.
MICHELIN® X® TWEEL® SSL 2 airless radial tires are available in two tread patterns: All Terrain and Hard Surface Traction. This second generation MICHELIN X TWEEL SSL offers significant benefits, including:
- Improved shear beam construction engineered to maximize core life.1
- New spoke material helps provide up to 10 times greater spoke life compared to the previous models.2
- New interlocked hub designed to increase durability in demanding conditions.
- Capable of being retreaded (LEARN MORE).
- Extra deep tread helps provide maximum tread life on pavement. A deep layer of undertread means the core can be retreaded again and again.
- Zero degree belts (under the tread) and proprietary design provide great lateral stiffness, while resisting damage and absorbing impacts.
- Michelin’s proprietary Comp10 Cable™ forms a semi-rigid “shear beam”, and allows the load to hang from the top.
- Universal, 8 hole, interlocking heavy gauge steel hub for robust attachment to the machine.
- High strength, poly-resin spokes carry the load and absorb impacts, help dampen the ride, and provide a unique energy transfer that reduces pneumatic bounce.
Skid Steer Loader
|Hub Type||SSL 2|
|Description||X® TWEEL® SSL 2 Hard Surface Traction 12"|
|Tread Type||Hard Surface Traction|